Expert witness :
It is a difficult process to select expert witnesses when preparing for a trial, but having expert witness testimony is an important step to win the case. Not any witness will do. You will need someone who is competent, qualified and knowledgeable in the field and is able to communicate effectively. HP Accounting can help you. We bring expert witness services and forensic accounting under one roof. We bring a comprehensive approach to our work, combining CPA and valuation and forensic backgrounds to provide a unique perspective.
Our key services include:
- Commercial disputes – If your business suffers financial loss as a result of a breach of warranty, breach of contract, or a contract dispute or may have a claim for business interruption. HP Accounting can provide advice on all financial aspects of a dispute.
- Professional negligence – We can provide a formal opinion on the standard of care required and assist in the calculation of losses arising from professional negligence.
- Fraud and financial investigation – If you suspect a fraud or theft within your business or you may yourself have been accused of fraud. Our forensic accounting expert witness can help you in bringing together the evidence to provide an impartial opinion.
- Business valuation and partner disputes – Partner and shareholders dispute can be extremely detrimental to a business. Disputes can arise from disagreements over the valuation of the business, work-in-progress or lack of dividend payments or tax issues. HP Accounting has a team of business valuation expert witness to help resolve these and other situations requiring business valuations.
Our esteemed CPA expert witness, Bob Bates is a CFE, CVA and CFO who has worked with various lawyers on over 50 cases in many states. He provides financial support for a client in litigation, or pre-litigation, as well as provides a report, such as damages calculation, which can be used in litigation. He also has experience providing testimony in depositions and trials such as:
- Unbiased Case Analysis
- Discovery Review & Recommendations
- High-Impact Demonstrative Exhibits
- Strategy and Tactics Conferences
- Damage Calculations
- Cash Flow Analysis Reports
- Profit and Loss Analysis
- Commercial damages, business interruption and lost profits
He has been involved in depositions/interrogatories and testifying with multiple court cases:
- Embezzlement-2009 Discovered $300k fraud/consultant for counsel Massachusetts
- Creditor-2013 NY. $1.6m debentures, usury/breach
- Creditor-2013 NY. $1.7m debentures, usury/breach
- Creditor-2013 LA, CA $1.7m debentures
- Creditor-2012 Orange County, CA. $400k debentures
- Creditor-2013 Orange County, CA. $1.3m debentures
- Alter ego-California $1m
- Alter ego- Nevada $1m
- Alter ego-Ongoing California (interrogatories). $1m
- Adversarial bankruptcy-2008-2011 Massachusetts/consulted. $300k
- Employment-2009 Related to Massachusetts $300k embezzlement
- Employment-1993 Washington, DC case
- Personal injury-2006 testified in Massachusetts Superior Court. $100k
- Breach/Misrepresentation/Fraud/Negligence California $200k
- Collections: Nevada
- Rackateering/Fraud/False personation/unfair competition/breach/negligence California $1m 2015
- Usury 2015 NY